I have jumped on the healthy eating bandwagon recently, and although I’m enjoying seeing the results, I do still long for those naughty treats that I can no longer have so often. I am back at uni for my final term this year now, and so to help me through the vast amounts of assignments that I need to do, I decided to bake some cookies.
I have been using this recipe for years, and it’s a fail-safe way to get the best cookies that you will have ever made. It’s a recipe from Tanya Burr which she featured on her YouTube channel years ago, but which I have been using ever since. These cookies are crispy on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside, filled with delicious chunks of whatever chocolate you want, they are perfect.
To make the cookies you will need:
- 200g of unsalted butter
- 300g of caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 325g of self raising flour
- A dash of milk (this is optional)
- 400g of any chocolate you desire (Tanya’s recipe suggest 200g of both milk and white chocolate but it’s entirely up to you)
The method to making these delicious treats is:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius, and line 2-3 large baking trays with baking parchment or tin foil.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and then add the egg and mix into a smooth paste.
- Sift in your flour, folding in a bit of a time, until there are no lumps of flour left and a smooth dough is formed
- If your mixture is stiff and un-mouldable, add in a dash of milk to loosen slightly
- Break up your chocolate, and mix it through the dough until it is evenly distributed.
- Roll your dough into golf ball size balls, and spread them evenly onto your baking tray, leaving them plenty of room to grow in the oven, and then flatten the tops of the balls with your hands
- Place in the oven and bake for precisely 12 minutes. When you take them out they may still look soft, but if you leave them to cool they will harden and become the perfect cookie.
- Leave to harden on the tray before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely and then transfer them into an airtight storage container (thats if they haven’t been eaten by then).
These cookies are honestly delicious, you have to give them a try. Thank you for reading.